Our mission is to provide opportunities for those living in the less advantaged areas of Guildford to learn, develop new skills and engage in work through a sustainable community social enterprise.
To create, within three years, a sustainable social enterprise in which young adults and jobseekers are empowered to increase their life chances and the wellbeing of their local communities, and, at the same time, to promote cycling as a healthy, affordable, environment-friendly form of transportation.
To achieve this vision, over the next three years, the Guildford Bike Project will:
- Offer access to learning and skills in the local community though partnership with Guildford College
- Provide a range of volunteering opportunities in an inclusive, non-judgemental and supportive environment
- Create opportunities to develop new skills to enhance employability
- Encourage skill-sharing and independence, where new skills are learned in a way that is empowering for all
- Involve volunteers in setting-up a new business and inspire the creation of other similar initiatives
- Promote access to cycling as an affordable and sustainable transport option
- Divert bicycles and their parts from recycling and landfill
- Encourage healthy lifestyles